These squares are simply delicious. Very reminiscent of childhood days come and past, while enjoying strawberry shortcake ice cream bars (the Good Humor ones). Served frozen, they would be a delectable treat on a warm summer day. The taste of berries are quite pronounced and the smell is sweet and strawberry-like. The granola adds a satisfying crunch and the frozen yogurt compliments it very well, giving it a creamy taste. Look no further than your own freezer for a delightful summer treat that will have your guests asking for more.
These delicious berry squares are healthy (provides you with fiber, manganese, good carbs and protein). They only contain 6 ingredients too.
1 cup whole grain granola
1 cup fresh strawberries
1 cup fresh raspberries
2 cups low-fat greek vanilla yogurt
1/3 cup blue agave nectar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Line a baking pan/pyrex dish (8” is recommended) with foil.
2. Cover bottom of pan evenly with granola. Set aside for later use.
3. Blend berries, yogurt, agave nectar and vanilla together until well blended.
4. Pour berry mixture evenly over granola, ensuring edges are covered too.
5. Cover with foil and freeze until firm (roughly 4-5 hours). Keep frozen until ready to serve.