Coconut cream is amazing, even more amazing than regular whipped cream that is loaded with fat and refined sugars. It’s super easy to make too, and is great to use in desserts, on top of pies and dipped with fruit! You can also buy the coconut cream pre-made, if you don’t have time to make it. With the leftover coconut cream I made to dip our fresh strawberries in, I made some dark chocolate coconut cream balls. They are so good! They taste like macaroons my boyfriend said and they even got his stamp of approval. They’re great to have on hand, when craving something sweet – sometimes a bite of something rich and sweet is just what you need.
1 can full fat coconut milk
1-2 tbsp of agave, honey or sweetener of choice
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp of raw cacao powder
1 tbsp EVOO
1-2 tbsp agave syrup
unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Chill the can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight or for at leas 10 or so hours.
2. Before making the coconut cream, place the coconut milk in a bowl. Freeze for about 1 hour.
3. After coconut milk is frozen, and has solidified, place in a medium mixing dish.
4. Beat with an electric hand blender/mixing on medium-high until cream is fluffy and smooth throughout.
5. Mix in agave and vanilla extract. Beat for 1-2 more minutes until ingredients are well combined.
6. Transfer coconut cream into an airtight container and refrigerate for up to a week.
7. Once the coconut cream has solidified in the fridge, break off pieces to form balls.
8. In a small mixing bowl, mix cacao powder, agave and EVOO until sauce is smooth.
9. Dip the coconut cream balls into the dark chocolate sauce. Coat several times to add thickness. Roll in shredded coconut. Freeze for 10-20 minutes. Enjoy!