Sometimes ideas for recipes just come at me at the most unusual/random times. For example, this one. I was doing some work in the evening and suddenly I had the idea to make these. Totally random, and totally worth it because these turned out to be a random yet delicious snack/dessert. They’re super easy too – no-bake and loaded with clean, whole ingredients as always. They remind me of a Cliff Energy Bar in a way (in both taste and texture). I’ve had at least a handful of taste testers and each one of them said that these little clusters were awesome. Success! So now I’ll share the recipe with you. Great for a quick snack on the go, or as dessert…I think you’ll enjoy these too.
1/4 cup organic cold pressed coconut oil
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup organic blue agave
3/4 cups rolled oats
1 tbsp natural honey
2 tbsp flax seeds
pinch of sea salt
3 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
1/3 cup dessicated coconut + a little more for garnish
1/3 cup raw unsalted almonds, crushed
1. Melt coconut oil and peanut butter until fully melted.
2. Stir in cacao powder, agave, honey and sea salt.
3. Add in rolled oats, flax seeds, coconut and chopped medjool dates.
4. Sprinkle some dessicated coconut on baking tray lined with parchment or aluminum foil. Use a tablespoon to create clusters. Place on baking tray. Dust leftover coconut on top of the clusters.
5. Refrigerate for at least 30-45 minutes. Serve chilled. Enjoy with an icy cold glass of fresh watermelon juice 😉 Yum!