I love pasta, you love pasta, we all love pasta. If you’re in a hurry and don’t have the time to make a fresh hearty pasta sauce, try this. You’ll love it. It’s creamy (without a drop of cream), flavourful, and healthy. I bring you easy, 20 minute creamy avocado pasta.
1 ripe avocado, pitted
1/3 cup fresh basil
1 cup whole wheat pasta (or pasta of your choice)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 clove of fresh garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
cilantro/parsley/basil (for garnish)
1. Cook the pasta according to packaging. Rinse and drain when finished.
2. Meanwhile, slice up a ripe avocado and remove the pit. Scoop out the flesh using a spoon.
3. Add avocado, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, sea salt and pepper, basil and a little bit of water (about 1 tbsp).
4. Blend that goodness up! If too thick, add a bit more water.
5. Dice up some fresh tomatoes. Pour avocado sauce over the warm pasta. Add diced tomatoes. Garnish with fresh ground black pepper and cilantro (or basil, or parsley).