Extend the short season of raspberries by making jam. Fresh preservative and sugar-free raspberry chia jam that is. Easy and so delicious. Use on toast, desserts, nice cream (or ice cream), oats, yogurt or in smoothies. Raspberries are great for minimizing the absorption of fat and they contain cancer-fighting substances. Studies have confirmed that raspberries are very beneficial to our health, as they contain an array of antioxidants which help to regulate metabolism and to fight diseases. Raspberries are also high in vitamin C, beta-carotene and folate. So eat them berries!
Just make sure you are eating ripe raspberries, as fully ripe raspberries contain significantly more antioxidants than unripe fruits.
This jam is berry-delicious (sorry, couldn’t help myself).
12 ounces (340 grams) fresh raspberries
3-4 tbsp chia seeds
agave (to taste)
1. Rinse the raspberries under cold water.
2. Blend 6 ounces of raspberries, 2 tbsp of chia seeds, agave (to taste) and 1/3 cup water. Blend until all ingredients are well combined.
3. Pour mixture into small saucepan and heat over medium heat.
4. Add in 6 ounces of raspberries and mash using a masher (this will give you a nice chunky jam).
5. Add in more chia seeds and agave to taste.
6. Stir until all ingredients are well combined. Transfer into an air-tight mason jar and store in the fridge. Remember, there are no preservatives so eat within a few days to maintain freshness.