Quinoa bowls are my favourite. Packed with protein and fibre, you can’t go wrong. You can add in whatever you want too, so the possibilities are endless. Serve it hot or cold and it’ll taste just as good either way!
How to make a bowl? Here’s some fool proof instructions.
– Start with a cooked grain such as rice, couscous or a grain-free alternative such as quinoa.
– Throw in a protein – if you’re a meat eater, throw in your meat of choice. If you’re vegan/vegetarian, add in tofu, tempeh or if using quinoa…it has a good amount of protein in it already.
– Add whatever spices your heart desires.
– Load up on the veggies – again, be as creative as you want. Don’t be afraid to add in fruit too, you’ll be surprised how good fruit is in savory dishes.
– Garnish – because why not? It finishes the dish and makes it look nice too.
By the way, this dish is vegan, grain-free, soy-free, sugar-free and all that jazz.
1 cup organic quinoa
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 cups water
2 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cups shredded kale
2-3 mandarin oranges
1. Boil water on stove top and add quinoa. Cook over medium-high heat until fully cooked (about 15-20 minutes). Add more water if needed.
2. Add sea salt, cinnamon, paprika, and cumin to the quinoa. Combine rice vinegar and olive oil and pour into the mixture. Stir well.
3. Fold in shredded kale and chopped oranges. Stir it all up again.
4. Garnish with fresh avocado.