Cold days call for warm soup. This super easy, basically effortless tomato-basil soup with cashew cream was made in a single serve blender and serves two. Super comforting on a cold fall/winter day. Full of flavour too, and by using home preserves it’s pretty much sodium free too. So fresh tasting! It takes literally 5 minutes to make.
1 jar (16 oz) crushed tomatoes (if you have them, or use store bought but it will be much higher in sodium)
1 generous handful of fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup dry roasted cashews
unsweetened cashew milk (just a bit)
- Blend the crushed tomatoes and basil in a single serve blender cup until well combined (5-10 seconds basically).
- Pour into a bowl and rinse the blender cup.
- Throw the cashews and a bit of cashew milk into the blender cup and process.
- Heat the soup and then stir in the cashew cream.
- Garnish with black pepper and throw in some crackers too!