It’s been a long while since I’ve posted on here, sorry for that! It’s been a crazy busy year with planning (and having) our wedding and with studying and writing two large designations exams. Phew. Here we are almost at the end of 2017, already. Where has the time gone?
I’ve got some donut recipes coming at you for the holiday season as well, they just have to go through one more round of testing and they will be up. Think: Vegan Holiday Spiced Donuts. They’re too good. Until then, I leave you with these Vegan Double Chocolate Baked Donuts. They’re made with ingredients like whole wheat pastry flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, and flax eggs. Plus, they are baked, not fried. So basically, they’re healthy, right? LOL.
PS, I use a Wilton 6-Cavity donut pan. It can be found here.
*Recipe makes 6 donuts
3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 cup unsweetened dutch pressed cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup raw coconut sugar
1 tbsp ground flax seed
3 tbsp water
1/2 cup non-dairy milk of your choice (I used unsweetened cashew milk)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 tbsp melted cold pressed coconut oil
1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
3 tbsp natural peanut butter
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and coconut sugar.
- Meanwhile, mix in ground flaxseed with water. Stir and set aside to allow the “egg” to thicken.
- In a separate bowl, combine non-dairy milk, flax “egg”, vanilla extract, and coconut oil.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Whisk until well combined. This will create a thick batter.
- Grease donut pan. Preheat oven to 375° Celsius.
- Carefully spoon in the batter into each donut mould. Fill halfway, as they will rise as they bake. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool. Once cool, carefully remove donuts and place on a cooling rack.
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter. Flip the donuts upside down and place it in the melted “icing” mixture.
- Store in an airtight container. Best served fresh as they are baked.