Protein bites are awesome to have on hand when you are busy or on the go. I usually have some prepared in advance and store them in the freezer and thaw as needed. Generally I use nuts and dates as the base of these little balls or bites, whatever you want to call them! However I switched things up this time around.
I collaborated with Manitoba Harvest for this post. Hope that you enjoy these bite-sized snacks as much as I do!
Loaded with plant-based protein and healthy fats, you can’t go wrong.
3/4 cups steel cut oats
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp pure Grade A maple syrup
1 tsp ground cinnamon plus more for garnish
- Blend the oats in a high-speed blender such as a Vitamix until you achieve a flour-like consistency.
- Add the natural peanut butter, maple syrup, hemp protein powder and ground cinnamon.
- Blend until all ingredients are well combined and have formed into a dough.
- Breaking off small pieces, roll dough between the palms of your hands to create balls.
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon over bite-sized balls.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge and enjoy throughout the week!